It’s 9 PM and suddenly I need cookies. So what do I do? Pull up Pinterest and search for some delicious cookies. And I figure, if they’re oatmeal cookies, they’re healthy right?
But here’s the thing… I haven’t been to the grocery store in a while, so my ingredients are limited and I want cookies NOW. I can’t possibly wait an hour for them to chill in the fridge (which is common with oatmeal cookies)!
So I came across this recipe for the Best Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies… EVER by Radiant Dust and let me just say, they are the best ever!
Okay, I know I’m not supposed to eat raw egg while pregnant (or ever really), but I did it. The dough smelled AMAZING and I couldn’t help myself! Had I not been pregnant, I may have eaten all of the dough before I baked any cookies.
I had some leftover mini Hershey Kisses from my Peanut Butter Blossoms, so I used those instead of chocolate chips and it was so delicious having big chunks of chocolate mixed into the cookie.
You can feel free to add other types of chips or fruit (like cranberries or raisins), but personally I hate a raisin in a cookie. Especially hidden raisins!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields about 30 – 36 cookies. I forgot to count how many it made and plus, we ate some of the dough before baking!
1 c butter, softened
1 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 c quick-cooking oats
1 c chocolate chips (I used mini Hershey Kisses)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, blend butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and then stir in vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the mixture until blended. Mix in the quick oats, and chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes (no more than that even if they don’t seem done). Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.