Happy World Nutella Day!
For today’s recipe, I decided to take my favorite peanut butter banana bread recipe (since my freezer is overflowing with bananas) and add a little punch of Nutella for World Nutella Day!
I will start by saying that one of the reasons I love this banana bread recipe is because it is mostly healthy and packed with protein.
As a vegetarian, anywhere I can pick up extra protein is a plus to me! There is no oil or butter which is awesome. It uses peanut butter and yogurt to get a nice, rich texture. It’s so yummy! I also really love that you can add delicious walnuts as well! I also have added chocolate chips and a combination of nuts and chocolate in the past.
However, adding Nutella really takes all the healthiness out. BUT it is so fantastic! I love when you use Nutella in recipes, it makes them even softer and delicious!
I always make this in a 13×9 pan because I seem to always have trouble getting the middle cooked in 1 lb bread pan. I also like that it becomes more “cake” like, it is much easier to eat than a large piece of banana bread, and it cooks much faster! You are welcome to make it either way and I have left cooking directions for both below.
Nutella Peanut Butter Banana Bread
1 ½ c bananas (about 4)
⅓ c plain yogurt
⅔ c peanut butter
1 ⅔ c flour
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ c Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add bananas and mash.
- Add eggs, yogurt and peanut butter. Mix until blended.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, mix well.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 13×9 pan.*
- Heat Nutella in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Drip or spoon Nutella on batter.
- Use a knife to pull the Nutella evenly through the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf.
- Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!