This is one of the first meals I started making when were transitioning to being vegetarian. It’s so easy, delicious, and filling! It makes great leftovers too!
(This made enough for 2 people with extra “insides” left over)
2 medium Russet potatoes (could use sweet potatoes)
garlic powder (I forgot to measure! Just shake until it feels right!)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 can rinsed black beans
1 cup frozen corn
To top: (optional)
1. Poke potatoes with fork, rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake at 450 degrees for about an hour. Keep poking with a fork to see if they are soft enough.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and cook until clear. About 3-4 minutes.
3. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, beans and corn. Cook until heated through.
4. When potatoes are ready, cut down the center, but not through the potato. Push ends of potato towards the middle to open the potato up, fluff inside with a fork.
5. Add bean/corn mixture to potato and load it up!