I love potatoes and I love ranch. So this recipe is one of my favorites. Maybe even THE favorite.
You take some delicious red skin potatoes and throw a little Ranch seasoning on them and boom! Party in your mouth!
My husband and I lived with his mom for a few years before we got married and bought our own house. I would make dinner quite often because she worked until late at night. I’ve never been a fancy cook. I’ve always been about dishes that are quick, simple and easy to throw together.
So I was always a little nervous cooking dinner for my mother-in-law because she is Persian. When she (or any other Persian) makes dinner, it is an elaborate feast. There will be 10 plates and bowls spread out across the table to choose from. Rice, meat, sides, salad. Tons and tons food that takes a long time to prepare.
However, she went crazy when I made these potatoes (and a lot of other quick and easy dishes too)! I was so excited that I could make something that impressed her. Now, okay, these aren’t THAT impressive. They don’t require much skill or prep, but they are SO good!
Even though we haven’t lived with her for years, she still asks that I make these and bring them over… In addition to her full Persian dinner!
P.S. They are really good as leftovers too! Make sure you reheat them in the oven or toaster oven to maintain the crispiness!
Ranch Roasted Potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Hidden Valley Ranch dressing and seasoning mix
2 lbs of small red skin potatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut potatoes into small cubes (I like to do bite size)
- Put potatoes in a container with lid or large baggie
- Add oil and Ranch powder
- Toss until coated
- Spread potatoes evenly onto a foil lined baking sheet (You do not have to foil line the pan, but I hate scrubbing the pan after making these potatoes)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (We like for the potatoes to be a little burned on the edges, so I will them in until about 40-45 minutes)