My husband and I used to love Taco Bell. In a very seriously gross way. Lots of memories from our early relationship involve Taco Bell. I’m pretty sure there was an entire summer that I ate it everyday… No joke.
Then we grew up and realized how unhealthy fast food is for us, so we stopped eating it.
But every once and a while, that craving hits and you gotta have it! Luckily I discovered a recipe for homemade Mexican Pizza! It is delicious and may even be better than the original!
4 flour tortillas – soft taco size
1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
1 tomato, diced
green onions, choppedoptional:
- Heat oil in pan. Place a tortilla in pan and cook until it is crispy, bubbly and brown around the edges. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Once tortillas are cooked, place two tortillas on a cookie sheet or baking dish to create the “bottom.”
- Spread refried beans on tortillas (usually I will heat the beans and add taco sauce to make them more spreadable and delicious!).
- Place remaining 2 tortillas on beans.
- Spoon enchilada sauce onto tortillas.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes and green onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted or place under broiler until cheese melts.
- Cut into fourths and enjoy!